Becki’s Bucket List
1) Ride a musical freestyle on Wunder, and dedicate it to Mom.
2) Hike the Appalachian Trail. It would be amazing to do the whole thing in sections…trying to talk David into doing that for our anniversary each year. But I’ll settle for spending at least 1 day on it!
3) Open my own bakery.
4) G̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶v̶a̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶n̶e̶y̶ it was amazing. We should definitely go back. 😀
5) Publish a children’s book.
6) Earn the Classical Conversations title of “Memory Master” at least once!
7) Go on a whale-watching cruise.
8 ) F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶5̶k̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶8̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ Duke and I did one in 23 something a few years ago!
9) C̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶-̶m̶a̶r̶a̶t̶h̶o̶n̶ Did it! Hated it! Promised I’d never do another….I’m finally ready to try again. 😀
10) Be DEBT FREE!
11) Saddle break my own horse.
12) Attend a live opera
13) See the Northern Lights (preferably on horseback – is that a lot to ask?)
14) Take swimming lessons. Seriously. I can keep my head above water, but I’d like to be more professional.
15) Teach my children to ride and hopefully love horses. Shouldn’t be too hard. Its in their blood for at least the past two generations. <3
16) Have a housekeeper (what? don’t judge me!)
17) Go snow skiing with Dave (we’ll make up for your lost trip, babe!)
18) Eat at a ridiculously fancy restaurant (The Ritz. It was horribly awkward. We ain’t fancy folks!)
19) Ride a camel.
20) Visit each of the 50 United States.
21) See the Grand Canyon
22) Visit my Mother’s childhood home.
23) L̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶a̶w̶n̶m̶o̶w̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶!̶
24) Learn to pull a horse trailer.
25) Visit Greece
26) See the Kentucky Derby in a frou frou dress and ridiculous hat!
27) Ride in a hot air balloon (eeek! But so dreamy!)
28) Learn to love my body as it is. Weight, wrinkles and all. I never understood why my Mom worried so much about these things, and I don’t want my kids to remember MY worries when they grow up!
29) Mom and I always planned to take a horseback riding vacation in another country. That can’t be now…but maybe one day I can take my girls on one!
30) Ride through snow in a horse-drawn sleigh (jingle bells!)